And How You Can Eliminate Five Critical Mistakes, And Instantly Maximize Your Win Ratio. Differentiating Yourself And Presenting A Professional, Compelling Cleaning Proposal Package!!
Dear Cleaning Services Professional,
Let's be honest, how many times are you competing with other cleaning companies and the customer only focuses on price? As much as you discuss the quality of your service or what you can do for them, the customer does not care. They may seem to show characteristics that they care about quality, but in the end, price wins them over. We hear this all the time from our current consulting clients. Well, I am about to share with you what you can do IMMEDIATELY to change the perception of the customer, differentiate your cleaning company from the rest and provide the customer a pleasant pre-sale to post-sale experience due to a compelling cleaning proposal package!
We are in a very competitive industry, and today more than ever customers are more demanding, complex and sophisticated. As their cleaning services partner, you need to position your cleaning proposal in a way to maximize your chance of winning and motivate the customer to take action. But unfortunately what happens is cleaning companies usually experience the following FIVE CRITICAL MISTAKES with their cleaning proposals:
CLEANING PROPOSAL MISTAKE # 1:
Proposal starts with Cleaning Company History, Products and Services
Do you really believe there is something so fundamentally compelling about your company origins that a customer will be persuaded to buy? By implementing this approach you are immediately demonstrating to the customer that you are company or product centered vs customer centered. Most customers buy because they are looking for solutions to pressing problems not because of what year your cleaning company was established.
CLEANING PROPOSAL MISTAKE # 2:
Evidence that you DO NOT understand the client's business problem/need
People view major buying decisions with anxiety. The bigger the decision, the greater the anxiety. What most cleaning companies do here is they do not help minimize the customer’s perception of the risk of moving forward with their cleaning company. Ask yourself, am I demonstrating that I understand my client’s problems, issues, needs, opportunities, objectives, or values?
CLEANING PROPOSAL MISTAKE # 3:
You DO NOT have a recommendation, program, or solution that will solve the client problem and produce positive business results
You may be surprised, but most cleaning proposals contain no recommendation or solution at all. What the proposal contains instead are descriptions of products and services. Are you currently documenting in your cleaning proposal what the current challenges of your client are and what your solution will do to help overcome those challenges?
CLEANING PROPOSAL MISTAKE # 4:
You DO NOT have a compelling reason for the client to choose your recommendation over any others
Remember you may write a proposal that is completely compliant with the customer requirement, recommend the correct solution, offer the lowest price, and still lose. Why? The reason is a competitor made a stronger case that their approach offered a higher return on investment, lowered their total cost of ownership, increased their profitability, provided a faster payback, or some similar measure of value that matters most to the customer. Ask yourself do your proposals contain a compelling value proposition?
CLEANING PROPOSAL MISTAKE # 5:
You DO NOT DEMONSTRATE your ability to deliver on time, on budget and help make the client’s job easier
Most cleaning proposals are great in detailing what they are going to do and at what cost, but do not provide the substantial evidence to help answer the question for the customer of “Can they really do this?” I am sure you are providing references, testimonials, resumes, but are you taking it to the next level? Are you minimizing the risk the customer may feel by moving forward with your company by providing Transition Plans, Staffing Profiles, Training Plans, Quality Plans or any other evidence that is focused on areas your customer cares about. Remember at the end of the day your job is to make your customer’s job easier, bottom line!!
Avoiding these five mistakes is a great start, but it is just the tip of the iceberg. The question then becomes how do I take these concepts and integrate them into a professional, compelling cleaning proposal? That is where we come in.
We have created the My Cleaning Proposal package that follows the basic structure outlined above - first summarizing the client’s needs, then showing their potential gain or improvement, third recommending your solution, and finally substantiating that you can do the job. Efforts that will lead you to SEE AN INCREASE IN YOUR WIN RATIO!!
Below is a sample of what you’ll realize and the BENEFITS you will enjoy with the My Cleaning Proposal Package:
- WIN MORE CONTRACTS...with complete and professional looking proposals!
- STOP LOSING MONEY...by not underbidding!
- INCREASE YOUR PROFITS...with an easy to use profit-margin calculator!
- PROFESSIONAL PROPOSALS...customizable to your specific client cleaning requirements!
- CLEANING INDUSTRY SPECIFIC...proposal package is tailored with cleaning industry specific resources!
- STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD...outline what makes your cleaning company different!
- EASY TO USE...user-friendly documents!
- CREATE YOUR VALUE PROPOSITION...focus on the client benefits and the value your solution will provide!
- MAXIMIZE STRATEGIC PARTNERSHIPS...form strong and healthy alliances to grow your cleaning business!
- BRAND YOUR COMPANY...add your logo and deliver your unique message!
- BE AN INDUSTRY EXPERT...utilize the resources available to be a consultant and teacher in efforts to better serve your client needs!
- CLIENT PIECE OF MIND...provide justfication on why clients should transition over to your cleaning company!
- COMPATIBLE DOCUMENTS...just in case you do not use Microsoft Office!
- NO SOFTWARE INSTALLATION...download and save to your computer!
- INSTANT ACCESS...get started immediately!
THE SYSTEM DESIGNED TO HELP YOU WIN MORE BUSINESS
The entire cleaning proposal package includes:
Cleaning Services Proposal
- Customizable (Add your own logo) Cover Page
- Introduction Letter with initial benefit statement
- Client Profile - Outline business challenges and associated solution and benefit.
- Scope of Work/Specifications – Adapt the specifications to your client and/or opportunity.
- Differentiator Section – Highlight what makes your cleaning company different
- Professional Organizations – Share with your clients which professional organizations you partner with to better understand and meet their cleaning requirements.
- Investment/Pricing – What investment will the client be making by partnering with your cleaning company.
- References - Outline references or best practices with other clients
Use this format if you prefer to outline the cleaning specifications of your client in an easy to read Microsoft Word table format.
Add On Enhancement
Use this format if you prefer to outline the cleaning specifications of your client in an easy to read Microsoft Excel format.
Define quality criteria and standards to achieve.
Includes quality objectives and quality assurance plan.
Demonstrate to your client how you plan to service their cleaning requirements by outlining a staffing profile.
Includes amount of staff needed, hours, and schedule.
Differentiate yourself from your competition by outlining the training plan of your staff.
Includes course, purpose, methodology and frequency.
Encourage your client to take action by feeling comfortable your company has a methodology and process for transitioning from current cleaning company to yours.
Clients want to see how your cleaning company will support their needs from Senior Staff to cleaning staff.
Short Version Cleaning Agreement
Clients who prefer a short, concise and effective agreement.
Long Version Cleaning Agreement
Clients who prefer a more formalized agreement.
Interested in working with partners, primes or subcontractors to support a specific cleaning Request For Proposal (RFP)? Need to execute a formal Teaming Agreement. Includes roles, relationship of both parties, responsibilities, terms, etc.
Joint Venture Agreement
Increase market reach, break down barriers to entry in market and form a legal entity with another company for the purpose of expanding your business influence and creating a more powerful market presence. Includes purpose, responsibilities, scope, Management, profit and losses, etc.
Create a confidential relationship between specified party on confidential or proprietary information before formalizing a Teaming, Joint Venture or other business opportunity.